1. Transfers within EAC directory ( Intra-Transfers)
Note: If you want to transfer a domain to another client of EACdirectory, Simply log onto the client area and open a ticket indicating the new client email address while giving the instruction.
You can also ask the client to Register here then we transfer the domain to him/her.
2. Transfers from another registrar
- Ensure that you have a backup of your website and emails before hand.
- Let us know the preferred Hosting plan, we shall send you the Hosting details to upload the new site,
- Change to our namesevers ( See Welcome email for the details)
- Start the Domain transfer process. This to ensure you have minimal downtime
- Domain transfer process could take 1 to 14 days, after client approves generated online request
This procedure applies to tld (top level domains) i.e. .com, .org, .net, .biz, .tv, .me, .co
- Ensure that the domain has not expired and is at least 10 days prior to expiring
- Ensure that the domain status is unlocked (status OK or Active), otherwise it will read “LOCKED” or “clientTransferProhibited”
- Ensure WHOIS records privacy is disabled/removed if it had been enabled
- Check and confirm that the Registrant or Administrative Email
- address is correct, (this should usually be the contact information of
- the owner of the domain/client)
- Request for EPP/Authorization code from your current registrar
- Send us the EPP/Authorization Code through email so as to initiate the Domain transfer.
Note: Contact us if your registrar is: publicdomainregistry.com