Anywhere where sensitive information is to be exchanged e.g. log in forms, contact forms, credit cards e.t.c
Types of SSL, refer: https://eacdirectory.co.ke/ssl.php
Note: SSL can be installed on sub domain or main domain
1. Create an email address [email protected]n
2. Login to the client area- services-SSL certificate
3. Click on certificate Enrollment
4. Enter the email address of Email address of the person who will approve the request([email protected])
5. Login to cpanel and under security-SSL/TLS manager generate the CSR
6. Fill up the Certificate Signing Request. Note paraphrase should be natasha
7. Copy the Encoded Certificate Signing Request to a notepad
8. Copy the Encoded Key and save it somewhere.
9. Go back to the client area and paste the csr
10. Click on Enroll certificate
11. Login to [email protected] for Domain Control Validation
12. Copy the validation code given, then Click on the link provided To permit the issuance of the certificate
13. Go back to your mailbox([email protected]) to receive the SSL certificate
14. Copy and paste the ssl certificate on a notepad
15. Go back to cpanel - security - SSL/TLS manager - Install and Manage SSL
16. Paste the ssl on the crt and also paste the private key we copied earlie
17. Click on Install certificate and get successful installation notices.
Your SSL certificate is now installed.